Tuesday 29 April 2014

Yellow-The color yellow(A-Z Blogging)

My theme for this months A-Z Blogging are short fiction works, they can be stories, descriptions, a journal entry from an individual's point of you or a portrait of someone.

I don't like the color yellow.Yellow is sickness. Yellow is death. Yellow is all things that will come to an early end. The color yellow has it's own diseased odor. Perhaps this unnatural fixation of mine started when the yellow fever plagued my village. Although the color yellow had nothing to do with the fever, I had always associated yellow with illnesses and when the yellow fever came, it only succeeded to enforce my beliefs. It was the name I think.
They called it the yellow jack. I was only 9 or 10 at the time. My grandfather caught it, and so did my parents. My sister and I were by some fortunate plan of destiny spared. Grandfather succumbed to the disease followed by my mother. The village lost half of it's population.
Maybe that's why...that I hate it...the color yellow!

Happy Reading!
Criticism is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...